There is a limited warranty on all workmanship and materials used to complete the work.
This warranty goes into effect upon completion and final payment for the work.
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS MUST APPLY TO MAKE THE WARRANTY VALID:
1. Payment must be made in full for all work completed.
2. Paint used on the job must be from an approved supplier.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT COVERED IN THE WARRANTY:
1. CEDAR BLEED: This is a condition that can be alleviated by the use of stain primer, but it cannot be eliminated, since the wood itself is the cause of the bleeding. To eliminate the cedar bleed, the wood needs to be replaced.
2. MILDEW/ALGAE: We will wash off pre-existing mildew using TSP (trisodium phosphate) and/or bleach, and we will use paints with the maximum allowable amounts of mildewcide. However, mildew is an environmental condition and will return.
3. MOISTURE PROBLEMS: Defects can be caused when the interior of the house emits excessive amounts of moisture, causing the paint to fail prematurely. A thorough analysis prior to painting can sometimes pinpoint this as a source of possible paint failure. Bathrooms, kitchens, radiators and laundry rooms are the first places to look for such problems. Premature paint failure can also be caused by excessive run-off from clogged gutters, ice dams, or roof problems. Gutters should be cleaned and maintained on a regular basis.
4. GALVANIZED METAL: These items will oxidize and need more frequent attention.
5. HORIZONTAL SURFACES: Water can often collect on horizontal surfaces and cause premature paint failure. This includes such items as decks, steps, window sills, railing caps, etc..
6. ROTTED WOOD: Rotted wood should be replaced prior to painting. We will notify you of any rotted wood that we find.
7. WOOD GUTTERS: If cleaned regularly there should not be a problem, but we cannot control this.
8. DECKS AND WALKED-ON SURFACES: These areas are subject to excessive wear and tear, and paint or stain will not last long. Decks need to be re-coated more regularly than other surfaces. We recommend re-coating every 18-24 months.
9. PAINT FAILURE DUE TO PRIOR COATINGS' DEPOSITS: For example, paraffin wax.
10. PAINT MATCH: We will match the color as closely as possible. However, repairs performed a year or more later are not likely to match perfectly.
11. AREAS PREVIOUSLY REPAIRED UNDER WARRANTY WORK.
Your Tucson Painter will arrange an inspection of your property and notify you as soon as the claim is approved.
Contact us at the office listed below to have covered repairs scheduled in the current painting season.
THIS WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY Your Tucson Painter AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO PAINTING SERVICES PROVIDED TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER SHOWN ABOVE. Your Tucson Painter SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, NOR SHALL Your Tucson Painters BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE.